I *meant* to blog about this last night. Or earlier this week. I *meant* to keep this blog up to date after I started teaching at school. Ah, well. Life happens, blogs are kind enough to wait for us until we return.
And today, I’m back! Spending yet another glorious weekend with a stack of books, pots of coffee, and a snuggly bulldog. I can’t thank Rachel Manwill enough for creating an event that allows me to hide out from the world for a weekend and read too much.
I have participated in enough readathons now (between #24in48 and the #deweyreadathon) that my friends and family recognize it as legitimate plans that they cannot interrupt; which also means I have the very best family and friends. They understand when I disappear for a while, they cheer me on on Facebook and Instagram, they tell me they’re jealous of what I “get” to do. I wish more people would join locally, that they would understand the inherent value of what taking a weekend for yourself really does. While I love reading and sharing what I’m reading and following along with what other people are reading, there is something intrinsically important about taking a whole weekend to focus on myself and my books and relaxing. It does me a world of good, let me tell you.
So here I am, about to reach four hours of reading (and maybe an hour ish away from finishing California by Edan Lepucki which is pretty deliciously eerie right now) and I’m going to fill out the “Hour 6 Survey” that I missed about 5 hours ago…. (I went to bed at midnight and got up at 7 to begin my readathon!)
- Where in the world are you reading from this weekend?
- Upstate New York, smack dab in the middle of the Finger Lakes. #flx
- Have you done the 24in48 readathon before?
- I have! This is my 4th (I think) readathon. Second (or third?) #24in48, plus 2 (or 3?)#deweyreadathons
- Where did you hear about the readathon?
- Kristen was the first one to bring it to my attention with her awesome bookish twitter presence (follow her! @kristenlcoates and at A Bookish Life For Me), and I also follow our fearless leader Rachel (@rachelmanwill and at 24in48.com). Plus bookriot, duh.
- What book are you most excited about reading this weekend?
- I’m excited to finish California, I’m dying to read my latest Lumberjanes Comics, and I’ve been saving Ruta Sepetys’s new one for just this occasion!
- Tell us something about yourself.
- I’m an elementary school librarian (school library media specialist, whatever) and my husband works in wine, which means life is books and wine and love.
- Remind us where to find you online this weekend.
- I’ll be posting here (hopefully!) on my Instagram (@readbtwnlakes or my personal @rachielove9) and on Twitter (@rachielove). I post a lot of pictures of books and my bulldog and coffee and wine. You know, the usual.
Time to get back to the books! See you on the bookternet soon!
One thought on “#24in48 Readathoning”
I’m glad you are able to participate! I’m at 9 hours in, which is pretty good for me. I’m currently reading Slade House, which I am finding very intriguing!