Finished Ms. Marvel. Am now rethinking my Halloween costume….
Finally finished a book! I feel like last time I did this I was reading a lot of easy going YA novels, which is marvelous, of course, but reading something has thought provoking and beautifully written as “The Book of Speculation” took a lot more time.
Pages read: 226 (Adult Book)
Hours listened to: 4:15 (Adult Book)’
Hours spent reading: 7!
And now, onto a graphic novel or two before delving into something longer again! Yay!
I took an audiobook trip to the store for some steaks for dinner. Picked up some pumpkins on the way home and now seeds are roasting away in the oven. I’m over 4 hours into “After You” and now I’m going to delve back into the last 100 pages of “The Book of Speculation”! Woo woo!
Here I am, 3 hours into my reading (missed the first hour due to general laziness/lack of awareness) and I am, as per usual, having so much fun. I’ve listened to two hours of “After You” by Jojo Moyes (love love love) and have read “The Book of Speculation” for an hour or so. I’m breaking right now to update and sip a delicious mimosa. Happily going strong. Bummed I’ll only make 23 hours, tops, but hey–3 hours of reading is more than I’ve done in a long time, so Huzzah for Readathoning!
So. I wasn’t going to do this. I was going to skip this one because life has been so crazy and I have so much to do between lesson planning and getting ready for NYLA, but then I saw the tweets this morning and I just. Couldn’t. Resist. I’ve had hardly any time for reading and this seems like the perfect way to get some quality reading time done. So it’s a little late, and I’m not properly snack prepared, but I do have plenty of coffee and more than enough books. AND it’s a good way to get me to post something on this damn blog I was so excited about just a few short months ago.
So here we go! Meme # 1
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? The beautiful Finger Lakes in Upstate NY
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I am woefully unprepared in the snack department, but I DO have fresh coffee beans to grind up all day.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m an elementary school librarian who has been struggling to find time to read. My husband runs a winery. We drink a lot of coffee and wine and beer and tea. I have a bull dog and three cats.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I have participated in two readathons, a #24in48 and a Dewey. This time I don’t have to work on Sunday, so Damn it I WILL stay up all night and finish this thing (probably!)